Monday, June 8, 2009

June Angels



Brian and I were blessed to have both of our boys born in June. My mom use to tell Jackson that he was her "June Angel", so now that Charlie also shares a June birthday, Jackson informs everyone that he and Charlie are BOTH June Angels.

Jackson loves to chat, and if given the opportunity, he'll talk for hours and hours. Flights are especially good times for Jackson as he normally has a captive audience. No where to run as I like to say. By the end of the flight, the poor soul seated next to us will have all sorts of information about our family -- our dog names, the kids' birthdays, his school, his friends, his grandma...you name it and he'll talk about it!

On one recent flight, Jackson discovered that the little "friend" seated behind us also had a June birthday. He promptly declared that this little girl was also a "June Angel". So sweet.

June is a special time for us all. Brian and I are celebrating seven years of marriage this year! My parents, still setting the bar high, are celebrating 41 years (we share the same anniversary).

We are thrilled that my mom is coming to visit us tomorrow! She will be here for Jackson's oral surgery and Charlie's first birthday. Jackson is beyond thrilled and asked me today if grandma "could stay like for 5 weeks!". His eyes lit up yesterday when we told him that Grandma's going to share his room with him. He said: "Yeah...I'm going to be a snuggle bunny with her. I'm going to sneak down to her bed, wrap my arms around her. Then she's going to say 'can you move over a bit honey?'...I just love that!".

Charlie will no doubt love the visit too. Like Jackson, Charlie is a people person and hasn't met a stranger. He smiles at everyone and is just now starting to wave. He's been "walking" since about 10 1/2 months, but in the past few days he's really taken off. He walks everywhere, which means he's into everything.







With so much going on, we are looking forward to celebrating all the blessings we have in our lives this month.




Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment