Tuesday, February 3, 2009

So Long January!



I can't believe it is already February! What is even more distressing is that we finally took down our Christmas tree this past weekend.

It's amazing how time slips by. And while January is now in the past, I'd like to share some memorable moments of the cold frigid January 2009.

Jackson's still talking and talking. He talks so much that he finds himself in trouble A LOT at school. We just learned that he's been removed from the big table at school and given his own special seat and desk so he doesn't disturb the other children. He wondered out loud on the way to school: "I wonder how I get myself in such a mess." Hmmmm...talking? He's showing off for the girls every day. In fact, at the SVdP Chili Supper, Jackson was flirting with Danielle the entire night. On his way out the door that evening he looked back and yelled: "I love you Danielle -- there! I said it!". Pretty cute -- at 5. Just not looking forward to 16.

Jackson also encountered his first smashed thumb this month. He slammed his thumb in the door of the car as we were getting ready to go to swim team. Despite being annoyed that I had gotten everything in the car, loaded up both boys and had driven 1/2 hour, I felt badly for Jackson. He was clearly in pain -- but not enough pain to stop talking. We took him to Prompt care and the doctor used a "gizmo" to puncture a hole in his nail to let the pressure and excess blood out. Jackson informed the doctor that it was "a cool gizmo".

Charlie had a month of firsts too! He now has two small teeth on the bottom and one on the top. He still charms all the ladies at River City with his big dark eyes and long lashes. His smile is infectious and keeps me going during the long winter days. We are so blessed that he is a good sleeper. Like Jackson, Charlie LOVES the blanket my mom made for him. He sighs with relief when we put him in his crib and he snuggles with his blanket.

Chili is apparently a big thing in January in the Midwest. The Easter Seals Auxiliary group had a chili competition and beer tasting night. I tried very hard to win with my spicy white chicken chili...but alas the Chili Queen crown went to another white chili -- this one with tequila marinaded chicken. I've already pinpointed a new recipe for next year.

We also had some amazing photos taken with Nellie. She's the best photographer I know and such a wonderful person. I can't wait to see all the pictures!


No comments:

Post a Comment