Thursday, December 18, 2008

Archives -Disney World March 2007

Disney World Bound:

Jackson and I were traveling to Florida and meeting up with Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Jeanette, Brandon and Hailey in Florida. The morning we were to leave, I asked Brian to please take Jackson downstairs so I could get organized. My request was ignored and I asked for a “little peace”. Jackson questioned: “a piece of what?”. After suppressing a giggle, I replied: “a piece of quiet!” That apparently registered in his three year old brain.

The airline trip was fine. Jackson is quite the little traveler and quickly made friends with the dance group in Midway, Chicago. He was dressed in khaki pants and his pin striped blazer and Cole Hahn shoes. What a little gentleman! When we arrived in Orlando, Jackson asked me if the shuttle was a ride. Easy to please at this age.

In Florida we spent the first day recuperating. We headed for downtown Disney and shopped and played at the Lego store. It was a cold day, but we still had fun.

The next day we hit the Magic Kingdom, wherein Jackson decided he did not like going up high in the Magic Carpet Ride or Dumbo. He liked the Jungle Cruise and said that was his favorite ride.

On Monday, we attempted to find the outlet stores and after an hour of looking, finally found them. Always a good time in the car. Felt like a scene out of Chevy Chase's Vacation series -- "Look kids! Big Ben!" We shopped a bit and then headed back for naps and some swim time.

Tuesday we headed off for Disney’s Animal Kingdom. For the same price of admission as the Magic Kingdom, it is my opinion that the park is overpriced. It was a glorified zoo/safari ride. Still…it was nice to see a park we had not been to. We met up with our friends Jen Sadlier and her two little girls. Jackson thrilled the crowds with his gyrating hip dance to the steel drums – who said white boys can’t dance?

Wednesday we dropped off Jeanette and the kids and then looked around at Disney’s Grand Floridian Hotel, the Boardwalk, and several other hotels. We headed back to the hotel for an afternoon in the pool with Grandma and Grandpa. It was so nice out! We got some sun and relaxed before going to the airport.

After such an eventful day, Jackson fell asleep on the plane. I had to wake him up when we arrived in Midway. Poor little guy was so tired. He kept complimenting me on my shoes and trying to help with the bags.

We finally got our rental car and right before exiting onto I-80 West, Jackson threw up in the backseat -- Nice! I managed to drive home despite the stench and we arrived in Peoria around Midnight. I'm just glad Jackson barfed in a rental!

No comments:

Post a Comment